Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@mappingsoft.com> on 2002/10/09 21:07:27 UTC

[JK2] make hostMap cache

Hi,

I would like to make the hostMap cache for hostname:port combination.
Right now we doing hostMap over and over again for each request, so I
would like to make a table that will save the once found hostEnv for
requested hostname:port combination, skipping hostMap when already
resolved.

Any objections to that?

Also I would like to extend the jk2_map to use the precomputed key
checksum value, similar to the apr's table. That will give us
significant speedup for table processing.

MT.

Re: [JK2] make hostMap cache

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.
+1

One question - do you think it's a good idea to extend the jk2_map
to do the full mapping ? ( actually, all the code is there, but
it's not used ).

By full mapping I mean setting/sending the 'servletPath', 'pathInfo',
'wrapperName' and all the extra information that is needed - and bypassing
the normal mapper in java.

In order for this to work we need to add the extra info to the [uri]
and make sure it is sent - and then find how to bypass catalina mapper
( for 3.3 it's quite easy ).

Costin

--
Costin