Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Robert Balent <rb...@redhat.com> on 2013/02/11 14:18:14 UTC

Configuring ActiveMQ failback

Hello,

I want configure messaging load-balanced on 2 machines. My idea is that I create 2 master-slave pairs of brokers which are connected in network of brokers (4 brokers). On each machine there is one master broker and one slave broker which is slave for the master on the other machine. Each master and slave from pair is on different machines and have own shared storage.

So when one machine crash, the slave will take place of master and deliver undelivered messages and the clients are reconnected.

I understand that when the machine is reconnected I will have two slave brokers on this machine. Is there any way to automatically fall back to the original configuration and have master brokers on each machine and have client load-balanced again?

Regards,
Robert

Re: Configuring ActiveMQ failback

Posted by Robert Balent <rb...@redhat.com>.
Thank you very much.

Regards,
Robert

Not automatically. When the other machine comes back up, you could force
one of the current masters to go down to get your desired configuration.
You would want to make sure you use updateClusterClients and
rebalanceClusterClients on your transport connectors to get the load
balancing:

http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html

--
*Christian Posta*