Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Joseph <wu...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/30 03:12:32 UTC

question about mvn dir structure

Hi all,

I am a newbie for mvn and have a simple question about dir structure.I
know the basic dirs were created automaticlly by mvn after
initialization setup of a web apps.Then what I do is just code and
create some packages under src/main/java,but the resource and test
directories did not updated .Do I have to create dir(package) under
resource/test manually to align against src/main/java structure? or do
we have some tricks that could accomplish that?

thanks a lot

Joseph

Re: question about mvn dir structure

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
$> mvn archetype:generate

There are some 100 archetypes for various project types available. Please pay attention that the first 'simple' app (no 3 or so) is _not_ the simplest app available - it's just badly named.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Joseph <wu...@gmail.com>.
app was created by command line.

"Yes, you'd need to match the package structure for resources ..." <--
all by hand coding ? any tools or tricks that do?

2011/6/30 Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 9:12 PM, Joseph <wu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am a newbie for mvn and have a simple question about dir structure.I
>> know the basic dirs were created automaticlly by mvn after
>> initialization setup of a web apps.Then what I do is just code and
>> create some packages under src/main/java,but the resource and test
>> directories did not updated .Do I have to create dir(package) under
>> resource/test manually to align against src/main/java structure? or do
>> we have some tricks that could accomplish that?
>
> How did you set up your webapp?  Did you use the archetype plugin at
> the command line, or are you using an IDE?
>
> (Yes, you'd need to match the package structure for resources and
> tests so things end up where they belong.)
>
> --
> Wendy

Never trust your computer.

Re: question about mvn dir structure