Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sr...@ercgroup.com on 2003/09/10 15:09:02 UTC

Logging in Axis

Hi ,
	Axis 1.1 Final  uses log4j 1.2.8 . Is there any way in which to
disable axis to not do the logging..
	Any help on this would be very useful..

Thanks in Advance
Sriram

Re: Logging in Axis

Posted by oleg shteynbuk <os...@nyc.rr.com>.
Sriram.V@ercgroup.com wrote:
you can set in log4j.properties smth. like this
log4j.rootLogger=OFF, A1

note that server logging and client logging use different
log4j.properties files.

actually Axis uses commons logging and log4j is the default logger for
commons logging. Recently I have tried to insert into Axis code log4.j
specific code and it did not pass unit tests with a message “test failed
- dependency on log4j”.

oleg