Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matt Goss <mg...@rtci.com> on 2000/11/02 17:23:17 UTC

Re: where can i get pay by incident or something for java servletdevelopment

David,
I don't know about support but I have done servlet to jsp data exchange... I do
it with a session bean. for instance:
<servlet side>
    MyBean mb1 = new MyBean();                //instantiates the bean
    mb1.setData("value");                                //sets the 'data'
property to the String "value"
    HttpSession ses = req.getSession(true);      //gets a handle on the session
    ses.putValue("mybean", mb1);                    //adds the bean to the
session
    RequestDispatcher rd = req.getRequestDispatcher("/mypage.jsp");
     rd.forward(req, resp);                               //forward to the jsp
page
</servlet side>
<jsp side>
    <jsp:useBean id="mb1" scope="session" class="MyBean" /> //get the bean from
the session
    <jsp:getProperty name="mb1" property="data" />                 //display the
data
</jsp side>
hope this helps,
Matt Goss