Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> on 2006/05/10 22:25:27 UTC

[m2] Setting a preference for a dependency version

In my project I have some things that depend on commons-collections 2.1
and some that depend on 3.1. Is there any way for me to just say that
for all commons-collections dependencies I want version 3.1?

--
Dan Adams
Software Engineer

Re: [m2] Setting a preference for a dependency version

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Utilize the <dependendencyManagement> node in a parent pom to manage versions.

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Dependency+Mediation+and+Conflict+Resolution

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/best+practices+-+version+management+in+multi+project+bu

Wayne