Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org> on 2015/01/14 01:10:48 UTC

[Kerberos] re-organizing the module structure

I suggest we reorganize the modules under directory-kerberos.

All the modules under 'contrib' are essential components hence must be
moved to the project root directory.

Add a new folder 'mech' or 'mechanisms' and move various auth mechanisms
like 'pkix', 'token' etc there.

Move 'haox-kdc/kdc-server' to the root level and the create a new folder
at the root level to hold all the backend implementations (and the
ldap-identity-backend
will be moved here).

'contrib' folder can be used to store any contribution from other parties.

And, we should drop the project prefix from the folder names and set
that prefix in <artifactId> in the respective module's pom.xml.

For example, 'haox-asn1' should be renamed to 'asn1' and change the pom.xml
to contain <artifactId>haox-asn1</artifactId>

wdyt?

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: [Kerberos] re-organizing the module structure

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
Hello Kai,

  Now that we have fixed on the name, shall we proceed on the proposed
re-organization?.

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
OK, I will proceed.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Appreciate if we could accelerate on this. It makes a lot sense to make the project comfortable for all of us. Thanks!

Regards,
Kai

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.