Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Henry Chang <he...@hotmail.com> on 2008/07/09 04:25:47 UTC

How to layout the page with commandLink?

Hi, I have a very simple question since it is my first time to use Trinidad
components.

I would like to have a <tr:commandLink> and other text messages to appear on
the same line of a page. I use the following:

However, the effect of this is that the link appear on the second line which
looks very odd. Could anybody help to fix this? Thanks.

Best Regards,

Henry Chang

Re: How to layout the page with commandLink?

Posted by Richard Yee <ri...@gmail.com>.
Henry,
The .jspx extension is used to indicate that file is a JSP XML file as
opposed to a plain JSP file. XML files can be validated against a
schema definition and IDEs can show errors and do tag completion on
them.  Because of that I think that .jspx are a better choice than
.jsp
You can't mix HTML tags and JSF tags without surrounding the HTML with
special JSF tags such as <f:verbatim> because the tags are processed
during different phases of the JSF lifecycle.
You can put long text messages in an outputText tag by putting the
message in a message bundle and then referencing the bundle in the
page with a    <f:loadBundle
basename="com.yourcompany.resources.messages"  var="bundle"/> tag in
your page and a outputText tag that references the bundle with the EL
expression: "#{bundle.yourMessageKey}". This enables you to put your
messages in one location where they can be spell-checked and be
available for localization . You can also use HTML markup in your
messages too. You just have to use the escape="true" attribute in the
outputText tag.

-Richard

Posted by Richard Yee <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ido Tamir <ta...@imp.univie.ac.at>.

Henry Chang-5 wrote:

> I would like to have a <tr:commandLink> and other text messages to appear
> on
> the same line of a page. I use the following:

try panelHorizontalLayout like (errors included!)
  <f:facet name="separator">
  </f:facet>

don't know if <p> is necessary around text.

best wishes,
ido