Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com> on 2003/08/28 21:29:43 UTC

Re: Using

Raj Dasgupta wrote:

> I am a novice with Tomcat and am trying to connect Tomcat to our Iplanet Web
> Server 4.11  on Solaris using the JK2 connector.  Here are my questions:
>
> 1.  How do I download the JK2 connector?  Everytime I try to download from
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/release/v2.0.
> 2/src/
> I get a jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src.tar.gz that has a .tar.tar
> extension that seems to be corrupt.

Its corrupt because you're most likely using Solaris tar to extract the
files.  GNU projects require GNU tar.  GNU tar and Solaris tar are
incompatible.  Try extracting with GNU tar.

John

Re: Using

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"John Turner" <to...@johnturner.com> wrote in message
> Raj Dasgupta wrote:
>
> > I am a novice with Tomcat and am trying to connect Tomcat to our Iplanet
Web
> > Server 4.11  on Solaris using the JK2 connector.  Here are my questions:
> >
> > 1.  How do I download the JK2 connector?  Everytime I try to download
from

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/release/v2.0.
> > 2/src/
> > I get a jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src.tar.gz that has a
.tar.tar
> > extension that seems to be corrupt.
>
> Its corrupt because you're most likely using Solaris tar to extract the
> files.  GNU projects require GNU tar.  GNU tar and Solaris tar are
> incompatible.  Try extracting with GNU tar.

Or, even more likely, it is because he is downloading using MSIE (which has
a nasty habit of converting .tar.gz to .tar.tar).  Try renaming the file
back to .tar.gz, and it should work.