Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Brian Chan <b...@brianchan.com> on 2003/12/17 17:40:18 UTC

RE: [Lportal-development] RE: Portlets Framework

In addition, for Liferay, all of the portlets do access one struts action beforehand, so you can add custom classes that go through the pre service and post service, but this is specific to Liferay and goes beyond the spec.

- Brian

From: "Weaver, Scott" <Sw...@rippe.com>
To: 'Jetspeed Developers List' <je...@jakarta.apache.org>,
	"'lportal-development@lists.sourceforge.net'" <lp...@lists.sourceforge.net>,
	"'exo-developers@lists.sourceforge.net'" <ex...@lists.sourceforge.net>,
	'portlets' <po...@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Lportal-development] RE: Portlets Framework
Date: Wed Dec 17 16:30:58 GMT 2003

Hi Punit,

> For example
> if we want to apply some simple filter on request, which is
> the best place (if any) do to this? How to install common
> portlet filters?

Remember, a JSR-168 compliant portal supports portlet applications as
indivdual web apps deployed to the respective servlet container, this a
requirement of the spec. Hence, you can use servlet filters within
individual portlet apps to attain the filter functionallity required by each
indivdual portlet application and the portlets contained within.  It was
crucial to the spec that it leverage as much functionallity from the servlet
standard a possible so as to make portlet and servlet develop easy/similar
as possible.

Hth,
| Scott T Weaver                 |
| <we...@apache.org>            |