Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Olof Edlund <ol...@upright.se> on 2002/07/08 11:34:35 UTC

Load balancing

Hi,

I need to do some load balancing due to high load. Is there a good way to do
that? I’m thinking of having the client application call a dispatch service
that returns a machine name when they connect the first time and then let it
use that machine during its session.

Is there a better way?

Regards,

                      Olof Edlund

SV: Load balancing

Posted by Olof Edlund <ol...@upright.se>.
Aaaah,

Excellent info.

It seems as if this would solve my problem without having to do any coding
at all. It is all web server configuration.

Regards,

                      Olof Edlund

Re: Load balancing

Re: Load balancing

Re: Load balancing

Posted by Neha Srivastava <ne...@wipro.com>.
I am using jakarta tomcat-4.0.4 server.
  Please tell us some details about the webserver u r using.

  regards,
  Bheem

Re: Load balancing

SV: Load balancing

Posted by Olof Edlund <ol...@upright.se>.
Hi,

I’m currently just using Tomcat standalone but I can very well use Apache,
either 2 or 1.3 as well. I got a few links from Dinesh about how to do that
so that seems like a good way to solve my problem.

Regards,

                      Olof Edlund

SV: Load balancing

RE: Load balancing