Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jian Tong <To...@Toronto.CBC.CA> on 2007/01/25 16:47:16 UTC

Jmeter for functional testing

Hi,

Anybody has any experience of using Jmeter in a testing methdology other than load testing ? My manager ask me to investigate the feasbilities of invovling Jmeter in our automation functional testing. I am very new to Jmeter, so I hope to learn some thoughts from experienced guys with regards to the Jmeter functionalities that can be applied to functional or automatic testing.

Thank you very much

Jian Tong

Jian Tong - QA
Production and Operations, CBC.ca
Extension:  3357
Location:    2C300-N

Re: Jmeter for functional testing

Posted by Jian Tong <To...@Toronto.CBC.CA>.
Thank you very much Git, Dinesh ... I will look into it following your suggestions.

I really appreciate your help.

Jian

>>> git <gi...@cubicalland.com> 01/26/07 7:47 AM >>>

Jian,

I also have had positive experience of JMeter for functional testing of
web applications.  I wrote up the basic technique here
http://nerds-central.blogspot.com/2006/08/pushing-envelope-with-jmeter.html.  For this I use JMeter its self as the testing controller as we are not in a Java environment so ant does not make much sense for us as a tool.

Cheers

AJ

www.cubicalland.com
www.nerds-central.blogspot.com