Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Luís Filipe Nassif <lf...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/13 03:09:20 UTC

External custom-mimetypes.xml

Hi,

I would like to load a custom-mimetypes.xml file from a directory, not from
the jar files. Is it possible?

Thank you,
Luis Nassif

Re: External custom-mimetypes.xml

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Tue, 13 Jan 2015, Luís Filipe Nassif wrote:
> And Nick, any alternative to this package like path? I have used it
> before but I think it is a bit unfriendly to be edited by the final
> user.

It needs to be something unique like that, so we don't get accidental
false positives.

For production use, I would suggest you pop your custom-mimetypes.xml file
into a jar, and add that jar to your classpath. That should be much safer
and easier for users. You'd normally only use raw directory paths in
development

Nick

Re: External custom-mimetypes.xml

Posted by Luís Filipe Nassif <lf...@gmail.com>.
Thank you guys.

But with TikaConfig I think I need to redefine all default mimetypes?

And Nick, any alternative to this package like path? I have used it before
but I think it is a bit unfriendly to be edited by the final user.

Thank you again,
Luis

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Yes it is possible and it is absolutely OK. I do it all the time.
http://tika.apache.org/1.6/api/index.html?org/apache/tika/config/TikaConfig.html
Please try out loading the constructor as all other accessory are GET's.
Lewis

--
*Lewis*