Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "welcome.partha" <pa...@touchpointindia.com> on 2009/03/11 14:06:12 UTC

Regarding Tomcat 5.5 clustering

Hi Everyone,
                   Now i am trying to creating the clustering in
tomcat5.5.17. I have downloaded tomcat 5.5.17.In server.xml i made some
changes.Herewith I have uploaded the server.xml.Then I have downloaded
another tomcat 5.5.17.In that server.xml i made some changes.I have uploaded
that server.xml also.i started my first tomcat instance.after that i started
my second one that time i am getting the replication member added message in
tomcat one.If i close the second one that time i am getting replication
member disappeared.How should i check my application is working with cluster
is fine or not.and if i put my application in one tomcat instance of webapps
folder or both?thanks in advance.

Regards,
P.Parthasarathi
http://www.nabble.com/file/p22454690/server.xml server.xml
http://www.nabble.com/file/p22454690/server.xml server.xml

Re: Regarding Tomcat 5.5 clustering

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
to test failover

setup a simple load balancer, like 'pen' or more advanced like the
apache web server 'httpd'
and hit the load balancer with requests

Filip