Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Tal Rotbart <re...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/21 06:04:37 UTC

Announcement/Invitation: Melbourne Solr/Lucene Users Group

Hi all,

I hope you won't mind me informing the list, but I thought some
Melbourne-based members would find this relevant.

We have noticed that there is a blossoming of Apache Solr/Lucene usage
& development in Melbourne in addition to a lack of an unofficial,
relaxed gathering to allow some fruitful information and experience
exchange.

We're trying to put together a laid back meet up for developers (and
other interested people) who are currently using Apache Solr (and/or
Lucene) or would like to learn more about it.  Aiming for it to be a
high signal/noise ratio group, with meet ups probably once every two
months.

The first meet up is still TBD, but please join the group if you're
keen to join us for pizza, beer, and a discussion about Solr once we
figure out the date of the first meeting.

Also, please feel free to suggest quick (15 minute) presentations -
whether it be a problem you've solved, a problem you need help solving
or a general interesting experience of using Solr.

We're keeping registrations here: http://www.meetup.com/melbourne-solr/

Feel free to pass to co-workers, colleagues who would be interested.

Cheers,
Tal

Re: Announcement/Invitation: Melbourne Solr/Lucene Users Group

Posted by Ranveer Kumar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I m intrested to atained but not in aus.:-(

Regards

Posted by Mark Mandel <ma...@gmail.com>.
Sounds great :) I'll sign up as well.

Look forward to a meeting!

Mark

--
E: mark.mandel@gmail.com
T: http://www.twitter.com/neurotic

cf.Objective(ANZ) + Flex - Nov 17, 18 - Melbourne Australia
http://www.cfobjective.com.au

Re: Announcement/Invitation: Melbourne Solr/Lucene Users Group

Posted by Dave Hall <da...@skwashd.com>.
Hi Tal,