Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Matthew Cooper <ov...@bigpond.com> on 2001/03/23 00:47:30 UTC

JUnit task : getResourceAsStream problems

I am using ant 1.3 junit 3.5 and  sun jdk 1.3 for linux. If i use the junit
task to run a test under ant, the code cannot load the resource I specify - I
just get null returned from ...

	    System.out.println("System classloader");
	    System.out.println(ClassLoader.getSystemResourceAsStream(RESOURCE_NAME));

...or...

	ClassLoader classLoader = Thread.currentThread()
	    .getContextClassLoader();
	    System.out.println(" classloader="+classLoader);
	    System.out.println(classLoader.getResourceAsStream(RESOURCE_NAME));

If i run the unit test from the command line with something like...

java -cp ../build/classes:../build/test/classes/:lib/junit.jar...etc...
junit.textui.TestRunner MyTest

then the system classloader works and finds the resource (although I cannot
get the current Thread's class loader to work).

In case its relevant, I am trying to load the resource in a static code
that gets run when my class loads.

Can anyone help???

Thanks, Matty.