Posted to commits@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/08/08 08:46:23 UTC

[Xmlgraphics Wiki] Update of "StatusReports/StatusReportForAugust2005" by JeremiasMaerki

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xmlgraphics Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JeremiasMaerki:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/StatusReports/StatusReportForAugust2005

The comment on the change is:
Initial contents for August board report

New page:
'''General Comments'''

All of XML Graphics is now on Subversion.

Current PMC watch items:

 * MPL/NPL issues (Mozilla's Rhino in Batik)
 * Better documentation of the sources and licenses of external dependencies in Batik. Everything is in order but not very well documented. W3C-licensed code in Batik is about to be moved into XML Commons Externals just like the other W3C-licensed packages (DOM-related) used by Xerces/Xalan. XML Commons is now also migrated to SVN and the move will happen very soon. WIP.
 * Creation of a XML Graphics Commons (shared code between Batik and FOP) is imminent.

-----

'''Batik'''

No releases. ...........

'''FOP'''

No releases.

We are finally planning a first preview release of the redesigned FOP (not feature-complete) which should be available within about one or two months. Progress is good, the community has started to review the new code and we've managed to attract a few new contributors. We're on the right track now.