Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by SapnaB <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/10 09:40:09 UTC

Issue with feature Install

Hi,

I'm using feature install in Karaf 2.3.6, where I deploy specific versions
of dependent jars and bundles.

Problem arises when I uninstall and then install the same version of a
bundle individually(after feature install), mostly due to some bug fix.
What I observe is that many times the changes are not reflected in Karaf.
Only when I install a new version of the bundle, that I get the latest
changes.

Is it not recommended to deal with bundles individually after a feature
install? I do not want to delete kar file and /data and start all over
again.

Thanks,
Sapna

Re: Issue with feature Install

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Sapna,

Generally speaking, it's not a good idea to manage the bundle
individually while packaging in a kar: the kar itself should be updated
as it provides its own repository in Karaf.

If the feature is installed using feature:repo-add, you can individually
update a bundle.

Regards
JB

On 09/10/2014 09:40 AM, SapnaB wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using feature install in Karaf 2.3.6, where I deploy specific versions
> of dependent jars and bundles.
>
> Problem arises when I uninstall and then install the same version of a
> bundle individually(after feature install), mostly due to some bug fix.
> What I observe is that many times the changes are not reflected in Karaf.
> Only when I install a new version of the bundle, that I get the latest
> changes.
>
> Is it not recommended to deal with bundles individually after a feature
> install? I do not want to delete kar file and /data and start all over
> again.
>
> Thanks,
> Sapna

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Issue with feature Install

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Are you updating the bundles inside the kar and deploying that? Or are you
updating bundles that came in a kar? Could you clarify?

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>