Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Deepak Gupta <de...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/06 11:19:03 UTC

Query regarding old storm deletion

Hi Team,

Please advise how can I enable old storm log deletion.

Regards

Deepak Gupta

Re: Query regarding old storm deletion

Posted by Stig Rohde Døssing <sr...@apache.org>.
I believe you only need to update storm.yaml on the worker machines, but
deploying the same storm.yaml to both the Nimbus host and the workers is
easier IMO. That way you don't have to worry about whether a given property
is being read by Nimbus, the supervisor, logviewer, UI etc.

As far as I know it should have no effect on your workers if you start
logviewer.

The bug I linked is a very rare occurrence if your Zookeeper connection is
stable. Storm will likely work fine most of the time, but the bug may cause
Storm to fail to restart crashed executor threads, which can cause your
topologies to stop processing.

Posted by Deepak Gupta <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Stig Rohde Døssing <sr...@apache.org>.