Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Crinklaw-Vogt, Matthew" <ma...@lmco.com> on 2014/01/03 19:52:03 UTC

qpid 0.24 client with a 0.14 broker

Since qpid 0.14 and 0.24 both support the same version of the AMQP spec, should I expect a qpid 0.24 java client to work with the qpid 0.14 C++ broker?

I assume that if I were to venture out an use features like 'x-bindings' that aren't covered in the AMQP spec then I shouldn't expect those to work with different client and broker versions, or would you expect those to work too?

Matt Crinklaw-Vogt
Lockheed Martin, MS2
703-367-1040

Re: qpid 0.24 client with a 0.14 broker

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.
On 01/03/2014 01:52 PM, Crinklaw-Vogt, Matthew wrote:
> Since qpid 0.14 and 0.24 both support the same version of the AMQP spec, should I expect a qpid 0.24 java client to work with the qpid 0.14 C++ broker?

Though we probably haven't tested that specific combination as part of
the release, I would expect it to work normally.

> I assume that if I were to venture out an use features like 'x-bindings' that aren't covered in the AMQP spec then I shouldn't expect those to work with different client and broker versions, or would you expect those to work too?

The extensions to the address directives (like x-bindings) are specific
to AMQP 0-10.  I would again expect those to work normally across
versions of the clients and broker.  However, these will not be
compatible going forward to AMQP 1.0 so use them advisedly.

-Ted