Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by Dan Eloff <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/11 03:50:47 UTC

Fix to compile trunk on windows

I get the following linker errors when trying to compile mod_python as
fetched from the svn tonight.

mod_python error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__MpFinfo_FromFinfo referenced in function _getreq_rec_fi
mod_python error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__MpFinfo_New referenced in function _mp_stat
mod_python error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__MpFinfo_Type referenced in function _setreq_recmbr

The reason after some digging and coaxing the grey matter to life is
that finfoobject.c isn't added to the mod_python project. Silly of me
not to notice sooner. I don't have anything older than Visual Studio
7, somebody else will have to fix it.

Unrelated question, is it "ok" to use the trunk in a development
environment? It will usualy work, or should I expect it to blow up in
my face more often than not?

-Dan

Re: Fix to compile trunk on windows

Posted by Jim Gallacher <jp...@jgassociates.ca>.
Dan Eloff wrote:
> Unrelated question, is it "ok" to use the trunk in a development
> environment? It will usualy work, or should I expect it to blow up in
> my face more often than not?

At this point in the development cycle you are fairly safe. As later
messages in this thread indicate you've been caught up in a problem with
the Windows build environment rather that a mod_python bug. It's my
personal opinion that trunk should always be in a fairly stable state so
that people *can* use in their own development environment. That way we
can catch problems that may be introduced early resulting in better and
more timely releases. That being said, it is the development branch, and
breakage may happen. :)

Encouraging people to use trunk in their project development implies
that we have some sort of a predictable release schedule. People won't
like it if they use some new nifty feature in trunk but don't know when
it might be available in a stable release for use in production. Just
something to think about when we are planning our timelines.

Jim