Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Peter Wang <pe...@hotmail.com> on 2002/03/21 21:57:24 UTC

Question!!!!

Hi,

I am a new developer on SOAP2.2.
I got a question when I tried to deploy the sample service to rpcrouter.
When I used command line of "java
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy
DeploymentDescriptor.xml", it shown the error: "nosuchmethod error in
DeploymentDescriptor.forXML().". I checked the source file of
DeploymentDescriptor.java and found it used a method called
Element.getNamespaceURI() which can't be found in org.w3c.dom.Element.

I am eager to get the answer to continue my trying.

Appreciate for your help.

Peter

RE: Question!!!!

Posted by Henk Schipper <he...@software684.com>.
Got also another one. Are you using xerces version 1.3.1?
1.3.1 is buggy. 1.3.0 is good working.

Greetz,

Henk.

> I got a question when I tried to deploy the sample service to
> rpcrouter.
> When I used command line of "java
> org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
> http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy
> DeploymentDescriptor.xml", it shown the error: "nosuchmethod error in
> DeploymentDescriptor.forXML().". I checked the source file of
> DeploymentDescriptor.java and found it used a method called
> Element.getNamespaceURI() which can't be found in org.w3c.dom.Element.
>
> I am eager to get the answer to continue my trying.
>
> Appreciate for your help.
>
> Peter

That is due to an earlier version of an XML parser library being
found before a more recent one. The earlier version does not
support namespaces. In my case it was an early JAXP in the
 JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext directory that got found first.

wbrogden@bga.com
Author of Soap Programming with Java - Sybex; ISBN: 0782129285

RE: Question!!!!

RE: Question!!!!

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.

RE: Question!!!!

Posted by Henk Schipper <he...@software684.com>.
When i first started on the servers, i got the same errors.

Please check the configuration for xerces and soap (also tomcat-startup
sequence).
Check the classpath,
check the server.xml
check if you have the jar-files