Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Appaji, Prahalad P [ITS]" <pr...@mail.sprint.com> on 2004/03/03 00:49:09 UTC

Placement operator delete invocation is not yet implemented.

All,

We are upgrading from Xerces 2.2 to 2.5 ( latest release ) on HP-UX 11
I am seeing whole range of unresoved symbols as follows . Any help
is appreciated

	Warning 930: "/opt/xerces/include/xercesc/util/ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.hpp", line 68 # Placement operator delete
	    invocation is not yet implemented.
	    MakeXMLException(ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException, XMLUTIL_EXPORT)
	    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	Warning 930: "/opt/xerces/include/xercesc/util/IllegalArgumentException.hpp", line 70 # Placement operator delete
	    invocation is not yet implemented.
	    MakeXMLException(IllegalArgumentException, XMLUTIL_EXPORT)
	    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	Warning 930: "/opt/xerces/include/xercesc/util/NoSuchElementException.hpp", line 70 # Placement operator delete invocation
	    is not yet implemented.
	    MakeXMLException(NoSuchElementException, XMLUTIL_EXPORT)
	    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	Warning 930: "/opt/xerces/include/xercesc/util/RuntimeException.hpp", line 70 # Placement operator delete invocation is not
	    yet implemented.
	    MakeXMLException(RuntimeException, XMLUTIL_EXPORT)
	    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	Warning 930: "/opt/xerces/include/xercesc/util/NullPointerException.hpp", line 70 # Placement operator delete invocation is
	    not yet implemented.
	    MakeXMLException(NullPointerException, XMLUTIL_EXPORT)
	    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	Warning 930: "/opt/xerces/include/xercesc/internal/XSerializationException.hpp", line 75 # Placement operator delete
	    invocation is not yet implemented.
	    MakeXMLException(XSerializationException, XMLUTIL_EXPORT)
	    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	Warning 930: "/opt/xerces/include/xercesc/util/EmptyStackException.hpp", line 69 # Placement operator delete invocation is
	    not yet implemented.
	    MakeXMLException(EmptyStackException, XMLUTIL_EXPORT)

thanks,
Prahalad

Re: Placement operator delete invocation is not yet implemented.

Posted by da...@us.ibm.com.

I don't see any unresolved symbols, only warnings that the HP compiler does
not implement part of the C++ standard.

Dave

|---------+----------------------------------->
|         |           "Appaji, Prahalad P     |
|         |           [ITS]"                  |
|         |           <prahalad.p.appaji@mail.|
|         |           sprint.com>             |
|         |           03/02/2004 03:49 PM     |
|         |           Please respond to       |
|         |           xerces-c-dev            |
  |        To:      <xe...@xml.apache.org>                                                                                 |
  |        cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)                                                                          |
  |        Subject: Placement operator delete invocation is  not yet implemented.                                                 |