Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by gandhi <ga...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/30 07:04:51 UTC

Re: Jackrabbit Oracle support

Hi Stefan,

I am working on implementing Jlibrary for our document management project.
I am trying to integrate jackrabbit with oracle.

When i tried it with Mysql,localfile system(as i don want blobs to get
stored in db) and simplepersistence manager is works absolutely fine.

But when i tried with oracle,localfile system and simplepersistence manager,
it gives me some configurarion error saying that "invalid schema name"

But the strange thing is that when i specify scheme param as 'mysql' even
for oracle integration, its able to read the ddl and create tables in
oracle.... but is still gives some error in the jlibrary client saying that
'repository could not be created.

i am attaching the persistence mgr of my repository.xml for ur reference

  <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.SimpleDbPersistenceManager">

	    </PersistenceManager>

Please note that, if i give the schema param as 'oracle' it gives me an
'config error - invalid schema'

But for schema name 'mysql', it creates table in db but throws error in jlib
client.
Please advice.

Re: Jackrabbit Oracle support

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
On 10/30/07, gandhi <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> I am working on implementing Jlibrary for our document management project.
> I am trying to integrate jackrabbit with oracle.
>
> When i tried it with Mysql,localfile system(as i don want blobs to get
> stored in db) and simplepersistence manager is works absolutely fine.
>
> But when i tried with oracle,localfile system and simplepersistence manager,
> it gives me some configurarion error saying that "invalid schema name"
>
> But the strange thing is that when i specify scheme param as 'mysql' even
> for oracle integration, its able to read the ddl and create tables in
> oracle.... but is still gives some error in the jlibrary client saying that
> 'repository could not be created.

you'll have to use OraclePersistenceManager instead.

here's a sample configuration:

<PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.OraclePersistenceManager">
  <param name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@myhost:1521:mydb" />
  <param name="user" value="scott"/>
  <param name="password" value="tiger"/>
  <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>
  <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
</PersistenceManager>

you can find more information in the javadoc:

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/1.3/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/persistence/db/OraclePersistenceManager.html

cheers
stefan