Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mohan Radhakrishnan <Mo...@hclcomnet.co.in> on 2002/11/01 11:34:37 UTC

Reroute to login page

Hi,
   Does html:link need an action class?

I want to show the login page again when the user logs off. I am thinking
that it is not possible without associating an action.

<!-- Process a user logoff -->
    <action    path="/logoff"
               type="com.hcl.smartmanage.web.LogoutAction"
               name="noDataForm"
               scope="request">
   </action>

 If I use a normal html href( no tags, just html ) instead of html:link then
the context doesn't get prefixed  to the action.

  html:link --> http://localhost/SmartManage/logoff.action
  href      --> http://localhost/logoff.action

What is the best way to re-route to the login page when the user logs off?

Thanks,
Mohan

Re: Reroute to login page

Posted by "V. Cekvenich" <vi...@users.sourceforge.net>.
You should know that preferred way is to use Container Managed
Autethincation, as per servelt 2.2 spec.
.V