Posted to repository@apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/25 12:23:03 UTC

[NEXUS] promotion appears to update repo in wrong order

I recently promoted BSF 3.1 using Nexus.

However, when I checked the repo for bsf-api 3.1 [1] I noticed that
the 3.1 directory had been created, and the maven-metadata.xml file
was updated to show 3.1 - but no files had been uploaded.

It was some while before the files were actually visible. Not sure how
long the gap was, but it was several minutes as a minimum, possibly a
lot longer.

I would have expected the files to be uploaded before updating the
metadata, otherwise Maven users could get an error when checking the
latest versions.

Is this a bug in Nexus? Or a glitch in repo synch?

[Unfortunately the file dates seem to relate to the original Nexus
upload, so they don't help here]

[1] http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/bsf/bsf-api/

Re: [NEXUS] promotion appears to update repo in wrong order

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@sonatype.com>.
The files get promoted to the releases repo on rao. Central then
rsyncs that repo so it pulls in the files in it's own order.