Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/15 14:43:13 UTC

Re: Ready for Release ?

Moving to dev list.

You can act as release manager.  You can just svn rm the existing 2.0.1
tag, and I'd use the existing scripts to create the tag and the release
candidate: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/infra/bin/create-tag.shand
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/infra/bin/create-release.sh

-T

Re: Ready for Release ?

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Ok, fix committed (and some small other things).

Just triggered a build even in Jenkins and all is good :-) .

If there aren't objections, tomorrow I'll ask to Todd to re-tag and
launch scripts for the release (even something to check for svn
properties if I remember well ...).

Bye

Re: Ready for Release ?

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
After add some more info in Container.java when generating this
exception, now the generated exception is:

Error: uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException: this
method can only be called from the AWT event dispatch thread, and not
from "Applet 15 LiveConnect Worker Thread"

Note that to test it, the only way is using a real browser, and not
appletviewer ...

Let's update on this, I think it's important to have this fixed for
2.0.1, or we could give the (wring) impression that Applets and DOM
interaction is not an our focus.

I'd create an issue for it ... comments ?

Bye

Re: Ready for Release ?

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
after last styling improvements on tutorials and demos pages of this
morning I'm really ready.

BUT during my tests I just discovered on issue (taht should be fixed
before 2.0.1):
running the DOM Interaction Demo (for example from here:
http://localhost:8080/pivot-demos/dom-interaction.html ), the alert
opened from applet to javascript is ok, but trying to open an alert
inside the applet (pressing the button in the html page) gives the
following error:

Error: uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException: this
method can only be called from the AWT event dispatch thread

but should be simple to fix ... I'll post here more info asap.

Bye

RE: Ready for Release ?

Posted by "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Ro...@actian.com>.
That's good for me.  I don't see any other things on the horizon that look like further changes and I would like to have a GA version for our testing group to test with.

Thanks,
Roger Whitcomb | Architect, Engineering | Roger.Whitcomb@actian.com| Actian Corp. | 500 Arguello Street | Suite 200 | Redwood City | CA | 94063 | USA  | +1 650-587-5596 | fax: +1 650-587-5550

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Re: Ready for Release ?

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
just remembered that there is the historical Demo "Large Data" broken
(it has been broken by long time), but it's important to have it
working, to show RIA/IIA features, so just reassigned to 2.0.1.

I'm already working on it, now only one thing is missing (execution
from Web Start, the root parameter is not enough in this case, I have
to look if/how to use there the codebase), I hope until mid of the
week to fix even that.

Than I only have some other check on some pages and I'm (finally) ready ...

@Noel:
if you have some text for the new BXML Explorer (very interesting
tool) we can put even it in Tutorials, tell me.

Bye

Re: Ready for Release ?

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
since today we have (finally) resolved all pending issues for 2.0.1 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT/fixforversion/12315951 ).
I only have to commit some little changes to documentation, and if
possible a little usability improvement to Component Explorer ... so
if nothing important will be discovered I think next week we can start
the freeze (I'll delete the existing 2.0.1 tag asap, so then Todd can
re-tag in svn) and I can start the release process.

Of course if in the meantime someone discover problems, tell
immediately to us !!

Note (not for Pivot Developers):
I just discovered a new and simple way to build everything from our
latest sources (trunk), useful for example to anyone can't
download/synchronize via svn:
get sources from out Git mirror, for example from GITHub here
https://github.com/apache/pivot
Then build using ant.

@Todd:
to update the release notes, should I get the list of features from
JIRA and commit in svn (of course before the new tag), right ? Then
should I do other before the re-tag ?
Sorry, it's my first public release here ...

After this, I've started to update some things for the web site (the
important TM issue), and some minor things I've discovered to
improve/fix in the site ... some of them are related to 2.0.1 (are the
same files copied even there), and some not so I can do even later.
This is one of the reason I ask for some other day before the re-tag, sorry ...

Bye

Re: Ready for Release ?

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
> I'm going to withdraw my Button border thickness style request -- it doesn't look good....
Don't worry, we still have some time ... Bill just sent a mail to me
saying in a few days he will send us a patch for some Javadoc to
update, so I think it's safe for us doing the code freeze max next
week, ok ?

Bye

Re: Ready for Release ?

Posted by Roger and Beth Whitcomb <Ro...@rbwhitcomb.com>.
I'm going to withdraw my Button border thickness style request -- it
doesn't look good....

So, I'm happy with what's there in "trunk" -- all my other issues have
been addressed.

~Roger