Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Antonio Si <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/25 16:35:35 UTC

time out when running CellCounter

Hi,

When I run  org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.*CellCounter*, I am getting Timed
out after 600 secs. Is there a way to override the timeout value rather
than changing it in hbase-site.xml and restart hbase?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you.

Antonio.

Re: time out when running CellCounter

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Please also take a look at:
hbase-examples/src/main//java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/coprocessor/example/RowCountEndpoint.java

You can reuse some code from CellCounter to enhance the above example
endpoint so that counting versions is done on server side instead of
through mapreduce.

FYI

Posted by Antonio Si <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ted.