Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Piviul <pi...@riminilug.it> on 2022/01/04 07:19:07 UTC

compile warning

When I try to compile the guacamole 1.4 server on a debian buster I get
this error:
> configure: error:
>   --------------------------------------------
>    You are building against a development version of FreeRDP. Non-release
>    versions of FreeRDP may have differences in behavior that are
> impossible to
>    check for at build time. This may result in memory leaks or other
> strange
>    behavior.
>
>    *** PLEASE USE A RELEASED VERSION OF FREERDP IF POSSIBLE ***
>
>    If you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that building against this version of
> FreeRDP
>    is OK, rerun configure with the --enable-allow-freerdp-snapshots
>   --------------------------------------------

I don't think I have a development version of FreeRDP, I have installed
the freeRDP version released in buster... OK, I can continue adding as
suggested the flag --enable-allow-freerdp-snapshots but if someone can
help me to understand this warning...

Have a great day

Piviul

Re: compile warning

Posted by Piviul <pi...@riminilug.it>.
Il 04/01/22 08:26, Mike Jumper ha scritto:
> [...]
> Please don't do this - the warning is there for a reason. The proper
> solution is not to bypass the warning with that flag, but to install a
> stable release of FreeRDP.
done, I have installed the freerdp  from backports and recompiled the
guacamole server and now the process seems to be compiled correctly.

Have a great day

Piviul

Re: compile warning

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jan 3, 2022, 23:19 Piviul <pi...@riminilug.it> wrote:

> When I try to compile the guacamole 1.4 server on a debian buster I get
> this error:
> > configure: error:
> >   --------------------------------------------
> >    You are building against a development version of FreeRDP. Non-release
> >    versions of FreeRDP may have differences in behavior that are
> > impossible to
> >    check for at build time. This may result in memory leaks or other
> > strange
> >    behavior.
> >
> >    *** PLEASE USE A RELEASED VERSION OF FREERDP IF POSSIBLE ***
> >
> >    If you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that building against this version of
> > FreeRDP
> >    is OK, rerun configure with the --enable-allow-freerdp-snapshots
> >   --------------------------------------------
>
> I don't think I have a development version of FreeRDP, I have installed
> the freeRDP version released in buster...

You do - the version of FreeRDP in the main Debian Buster repository is a
non-release git snapshot.

For a stable release, you'll need the buster-backports repository or a
newer Debian like Bullseye.

OK, I can continue adding as
> suggested the flag --enable-allow-freerdp-snapshots but if someone can
> help me to understand this warning...

Please don't do this - the warning is there for a reason. The proper
solution is not to bypass the warning with that flag, but to install a
stable release of FreeRDP.

- Mike