Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Benson Muite <be...@emailplus.org> on 2020/01/13 05:46:54 UTC

mod_systemd in httpd 2.4

Hi,

There was an earlier message on this list [0] about systemd support in
2.4 - r1625531 which am looking to find. Will this likely happen? As
many distributions now use systemd, there is interest from distributions
other than the Fedora, CentOS and Redhat packaged versions, for
example[1]. From [2], it seems that this would not be too challenging,
and would be helpful to have when building httpd from source.
Documentation seems to already be available for 2.5 [3]

Thanks,
Benson

[0]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/050073e0b232297be307fcf08177a3a60290ea5d706387d51a0f862e%401410693687%40%3Cdev.httpd.apache.org%3E

[1]
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/262051/install-apache-module-mod-systemd

[2]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f6f4deb66398b32cd7e587b599adc2c4b04d32e479a8f222291dbb1a%40%3Cdev.httpd.apache.org%3E

[3] https://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/mod_systemd.html

Re: mod_systemd in httpd 2.4

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 08:46:54AM +0300, Benson Muite wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There was an earlier message on this list [0] about systemd support in 2.4 -
> r1625531 which am looking to find. Will this likely happen? As many
> distributions now use systemd, there is interest from distributions other
> than the Fedora, CentOS and Redhat packaged versions, for example[1]. From
> [2], it seems that this would not be too challenging, and would be helpful
> to have when building httpd from source. Documentation seems to already be
> available for 2.5 [3]

There was feedback from the review of this previously which had not been
addressed.  I've updated the module and will propose again for 2.4.

Regards, Joe