Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Chinmay Kulkarni <ch...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/06 18:21:39 UTC

Precommit Jenkins build is broken

The Precommit build has been broken for a while now. Recent builds are
failing with

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.20:test (default-test) on
project phoenix-core: Execution default-test of goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.20:test failed:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/sql/SQLException: java.sql.SQLException

I am unaware of how to fix this or even get access to the build
configurations/build machine itself. We are committing patches without
getting green builds and that is not a good idea (but we don't have an
option until the build is fixed either).

Does anyone know how to debug this?
--
Chinmay Kulkarni

Re: Precommit Jenkins build is broken

Posted by Chinmay Kulkarni <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Josh! I agree that backporting all relevant JDK11 related Jiras
seems like extra work we don't immediate need to do at the moment. I have
opened PHOENIX-5569 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-5569> to
just bump up the maven surefire plugin version in 4.x branches.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chinmay Kulkarni <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.