Posted to bcel-user@jakarta.apache.org by Naveen Kuppili <na...@flexetech.com> on 2003/08/27 20:44:04 UTC

Redefining a class on the fly -

All,

Is there a way to redefine a class on the fly? I know that we could have
custom classloaders that could potentially modify byte code on the fly
while loading a class. But, would it be possible to dynamically unload
the class and redefine it? I want to have a way of "rolling back" my
changes that have been done to a class.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Naveen
Flexetech Solutions, Inc.
http://www.flexetech.com

Re: Redefining a class on the fly -

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@centras.lt>.
No,  there is no way to do it.

Posted by Bob Lee <cr...@crazybob.org>.
Sure, using the JPDA. Actually, Daniel Savarese wrote an article
describing your exact case:

http://www.ftponline.com/javapro/2002_09/magazine/columns/proshop/

Bob