Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/20 05:39:23 UTC

NFS secondary storage in multi zone config

Today I set up a second zone in one of our 4.2.1 CS environments. To my
surprise, it loaded the SSVM and consoleproxy for the zone from the NFS
secondary storage of the first zone.

This is great for us, since we have 30Gbit of transport between sites, but
I'm guessing its not supposed to work that way. I thought NFS secondary
storage was limited to zone level. I had actually defined an NFS store for
the second zone, but hadn't provisioned it with a system template. It
failed and moved on to the other zone's template zone.

I don't want to rely on this behavior if its a bug, but since there is no
upgrade path to using our S3 storage it's more ideal than having to
download the templates to each zone's secondary storage.

Re: NFS secondary storage in multi zone config

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.
Marcus - I think its still a bug. Could you please file it on Jira ?
Migration from NFS sec. storage to Object store is due in 4.3 I believe.
Check
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Migration+of+NFS+Sec
ondary+Storage+to+Object+Store

Thanks,