Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Sebastian Eichner <ma...@sebastian-eichner.de> on 2012/02/13 10:18:57 UTC

Kafka+Avro+Hadoop

Hello!

We want to use Kafka to transport Avro messages, store them in
Avro-Format on HDFS and process then with Hadoop.

So far i have the Hadoop-Incremental-Consumer from Felix and a simple
Avro-Producer working. My next step would be to make the
Hadoop-Consumer receive Binary Avro and store it in files, but before
diving into this i wanted to ask:

Is there any other code for this scenario already available? So far i
could not find anything from the list archives and google. In the
archives i read that LinkedIn does something similiar but afaik it's
not yet released.

Thanks!
 Sebastian

Re: Kafka+Avro+Hadoop

Posted by Felix GV <fe...@mate1inc.com>.
Indeed, there has been no mention that the LinkedIn Kafka/Hadoop ETL code
has been released.

I'm glad to see that the little script I made is useful for others :) ...

If you want to consume Binary Avro and write it straight into Hadoop, you
should be able to use the regular hadoop-consumer contrib (or the
incremental-consumer, which is just a wrapper for the hadoop-consumer
contrib), no?

--
Felix