Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Auke Schrijnen <as...@bkwi.nl> on 2011/09/08 08:53:31 UTC

Re: [INFRA-3800] Synapse svn project structure

> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 9:49 AM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Auke Schrijnen <as...@bkwi.nl> wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> In my attempt to create a custom Synapse build from the git mirror at git.apache.org i discovered an inconsistency in the git repository. All the branches and tags are fine, but the master/trunk branch points to the wrong directory. I reported this in Jira issue INFRA-3800 [1] and they want to fix it, but have a question regarding the svn project layout.
>
> Jukka Zitting:
> I can tweak the mirror settings to use http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/synapse/trunk/java/ as the root of the trunk.
>
> However, a cleaner alternative would be for Synapse to have it's trunk at the more standard http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/synapse/trunk/ location. The scratch folder could either be located inside the trunk at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/synapse/trunk/scratch/ or as a separate folder at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/synapse/scratch/.
>
> I like the following structure:
>
> Trunk: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/synapse/trunk/
> Scratch: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/synapse/scratch/
>
> What about the other committers?
>
> +1 ....

Jukka Zitting suggests (in INFRA-3800) that the Synapse developers fix this in svn:
--
It's best if one of the Synapse committers does the restructuring. It should be something as simple as this:

     svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/synapse/trunk
     cd trunk
     svn move java/* .
     svn commit -m '...'

You may then want to discuss whether to keep the scratch folder within the trunk or move it elsewhere, but the above steps are already enough to automatically solve the Git mirror problem raised in this issue.
--

Can one of you apply this fix?

Thanks!

Auke Schrijnen