Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ji...@orcz.cz on 2002/09/04 10:33:37 UTC

Placing configuration file on the web

I use FOP (0.20.3) with embedded fonts. Is it possible to have the conf
file (userconfig.xml) and font metrics files (maybe together with ttf
fonts) on the web instead on local disc ? Have anybody some experience with
this ? Thanks. J.N.

Re: Placing configuration file on the web

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Jon Kofal wrote:
> streams would have been way cleaner.

Well, the redesigned version will have it.

J.Pietschmann

Re: Placing configuration file on the web

Posted by Jon Kofal <jo...@yahoo.com>.
userconfig.xml not so bad, i think it gets more challenging with the
fonts since the //font/@embed-file likes a java.io.File too.

i decided not to change the FOP API, but to read the .xml and .ttf
files from the JAr and write them to a temporary disk space, update the
userconfig.xml with the paths to the just written files, then
write/read the userconfig.xml.

streams would have been way cleaner.

jon k

http://finance.yahoo.com

Re: Placing configuration file on the web

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.