Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de> on 2002/11/14 18:31:55 UTC

strange links in validation.xml

Hi,

while playing arround with forrest I noticed strange links in
validation.xml:
<link
ref="http://localhost:8787/forrest/your-project.html#adding_new_content_type">

I don't think this is intentional as they are also on the live site at
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/validation.html

Christian

Re: strange links in validation.xml

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 04:18:30PM +1100, David Crossley wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
> <snip/>
> >
> > What happened was, just after writing validation.xml I accidentally
> > deleted it, and had to recreate it from a browser cached HTML copy, from
> > which I forgot to fix the expanded links.
>
> Wow, i bet your heart missed a beat.

oo yes ;)

> I presume that is one of the problems with edit-view-edit cycle via a
> webapp and one of the safeties of doing command-line cycle.

No, I had done the symlink properly..  It was after I had thought I'd
checked all my mods into CVS, and then did a 'cvsco' (see
http://www.red-bean.com/cvsutils/) to remove any local modifications.

--Jeff

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Jeff Turner wrote:
<snip/>

> What happened was, just after writing validation.xml I accidentally
> deleted it, and had to recreate it from a browser cached HTML copy, from
> which I forgot to fix the expanded links.

Wow, i bet your heart missed a beat. I presume

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 06:31:55PM +0100, Christian Geisert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while playing arround with forrest I noticed strange links in
> validation.xml:
> <link
> ref="http://localhost:8787/forrest/your-project.html#adding_new_content_type">

Thanks for reporting, I just fixed it.

What happened was, just after writing validation.xml I accidentally
deleted it, and had to recreate it from a browser cached HTML copy, from
which I forgot to fix the expanded links.

--Jeff

(apologies to Steven who also reported it, but I missed the point..)