Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> on 2001/03/19 07:32:07 UTC

Mail Question?

Hi,

This may be a dumb question but ...

Is there anyway to set it up so that ezmlm will allow certain mail
addresses "through" without being subscribed. Is there someway you can
subscribe without receiving email (a silent subscription of some sort). Is
the easiest way to just ask all committers to subscribe using their
@apache.org address ?

Cheers,

Pete

Re: Mail Question?

Posted by Vincent Schonau <vi...@xs4all.nl>.
On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 05:31:45PM +1100, Peter Donald wrote:
> Hi,

> This may be a dumb question but ...

> Is there anyway to set it up so that ezmlm will allow certain mail
> addresses "through" without being subscribed. Is there someway you can
> subscribe without receiving email (a silent subscription of some sort). Is
> the easiest way to just ask all committers to subscribe using their
> @apache.org address ?

Peter,

The 'allow' list is implemented just like the subscriber list in
ezmlm-idx, so you can send email to

    general-allow-subscribe@jakarta.apache.org

from the address you want to have a 'silent' subscription (to
general@jakarta.apache.org).

Vince.

Re: Mail Question?

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> wrote:

> on 3/18/01 10:32 PM, "Peter Donald" <do...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Is there anyway to set it up so that ezmlm will allow certain mail
>> addresses "through" without being subscribed.
>
> Yes, the moderator of the list does that. You can moderate "allow" a
> moderated message by simply Reply-To-All (notice the CC email). That will
> add the user to the allow file.

That's what I usually do when I have to approve emails coming from
committers (or recognized as such by my flebile memory) and going to some
mailing list...

    Pier (somewhere in Europe... Maybe London???)

Re: Mail Question?

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 3/18/01 10:32 PM, "Peter Donald" <do...@apache.org> wrote:

> Is there anyway to set it up so that ezmlm will allow certain mail
> addresses "through" without being subscribed.

Yes, the moderator of the list does that. You can moderate "allow" a
moderated message by simply Reply-To-All (notice the CC email). That will
add the user to the allow file.

> Is there someway you can
> subscribe without receiving email (a silent subscription of some sort).

That is the same as being unsubscribed.

> Is
> the easiest way to just ask all committers to subscribe using their
> @apache.org address ?

No.

-jon