Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Andrej Konkow <ko...@independencesoft.com> on 2004/03/09 21:05:23 UTC

Questions on torque

Hi there,

I am writing you as I didn't find a clear address where I can ask some
questions about Torque.
I am a Java Architect/Developer. We have implemented a persistence layer for
a project we are working in.
At the moment I am evaluating whether we should enhance our solution or
prefer another. Some of the main
points for our decision is:
- Is it possible to select attributes from different tables in one select?
For example:
  select A.a, B.a from A, B where ...
- Is it possible to define outer joins (we need them for performance reasons
because the selects take long)?
  If not, how much effort is it to enhance torque?

The system we are working on is a large DB legacy system (about 300 tables
each ca. 30-40 attributes and not
in every case a clear foreignkey-definition)

Can you tell me whether these points are possible with Torque of not? I
haven't found an answer in the documentation.

Thanks in advance

Andrej