Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Pete Nelson <pe...@ci.stpaul.mn.us> on 2002/04/09 20:48:13 UTC

Tomcat 3.3 and Apache 2.0

I am trying out Apache 2.0, but am disapointed that so few modules
currently work with it (php, coldfusion, etc). :(

At this point, I have to use a ReverseProxy to talk to Tomcat (Apache's
java servlet engine).  I've tried building different versions of mod_jk
and mod_webapp (3.2.4, 3.3.1, 4.0.3), but none of these appear to be
ready for prime time.  They all have apache-2.0 folders, but it looks
like they are trying to use old include files (util_date.h,
http_conf_globals.h).  So far, I have not gotten any version of the
connector to compile.

Has anyone successfully built mod_jk.so for Apache 2?  If not, I'll
wait - just like I'm doing for php.  And as I mentioned, I can use
Tomcat via a reverse proxy (and better yet, with Apache 2.0, I can pass
the original host header!).

--
Pete Nelson, Web Developer
<pe...@ci.stpaul.mn.us>