Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ABAPGUY <ab...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/23 00:00:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Caching https pages in Apache ?

Hi all ,
is there any point using mod_cache , mod_file_cache on an Apache 2 server that only serves https pages ?
In other words can https pages be cache in Apache ?

Regards
Daniel

Re: [users@httpd] Caching https pages in Apache ?

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
Actually, my understanding is that mod_file_cache (unlike disk and mem)
caches the filehandle, not the content, and is specifically meant to
give an extra boost for serving static files that you know will be very
popular by not having to open() them each time they're served.  So it
may be what you want.  Since SSL happens at the protocol/connection
filter level, and mod_cache at the request/protocol level, there's no
reason it shouldn't.

See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_file_cache.html

  Issac

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.