Posted to users@trafficcontrol.apache.org by BURAK EGERCI <bu...@turkcell.com.tr> on 2017/07/04 07:21:12 UTC

Recommended hw specs of traffic control components

Dear all,

As Turkcell we have decided to build up open source CDN and we chosed traffic control and server for this purpose.

As currently, we are trying to evaluate the right infrastructure and hw specs, I want to ask for your experience.

Basically we want to better understand the recommended hw specs of traffic control components, the redundacy of the units etc. As web site of traffic control is giving only minimum HW specs.

If you may please also share your experiences regarding performance numbers like session number, tps, throughput etc on the recomended HWs, that will be great.  Actually any info will be welcome for us at this early stage.

Thanks and kind regards,

Burak

[http://www.turkcell.com.tr/downloads/bireysel/img/Tcelldis.gif] <http://www.turkcell.com.tr/tr/4-5g>

Bu elektronik posta ve onunla iletilen butun dosyalar sadece gondericisi tarafindan almasi amaclanan yetkili gercek ya da tuzel kisinin kullanimi icindir. Eger soz konusu yetkili alici degilseniz bu elektronik postanin icerigini aciklamaniz, kopyalamaniz, yonlendirmeniz ve kullanmaniz kesinlikle yasaktir ve bu elektronik postayi derhal silmeniz gerekmektedir.

TURKCELL bu mesajin icerdigi bilgilerin doğruluğu veya eksiksiz oldugu konusunda herhangi bir garanti vermemektedir. Bu nedenle bu bilgilerin ne sekilde olursa olsun iceriginden, iletilmesinden, alinmasindan ve saklanmasindan sorumlu degildir. Bu mesajdaki gorusler yalnizca gonderen kisiye aittir ve TURKCELLin goruslerini yansitmayabilir

Bu e-posta bilinen butun bilgisayar viruslerine karsi taranmistir.

________________________________

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, forwarding, copying or use of any of the information is strictly prohibited, and the e-mail should immediately be deleted.

TURKCELL makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in this message and hereby excludes any liability of any kind for the information contained therein or for the information transmission, reception, storage or use of such in any way whatsoever. The opinions expressed in this message belong to sender alone and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of TURKCELL.

This e-mail has been scanned for all known computer viruses.

RE: Recommended hw specs of traffic control components

Posted by BURAK EGERCI <bu...@turkcell.com.tr>.
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info, that is very helpful. We are also considering to use VM for all traffic control components while ATS servers will be using physical servers.

Since there is not enough info publicly available regarding how to do sizing for traffic control units, any info regarding sizing ( like traffic router can support how many TPS on a given HW) would be also helpful.

I think ATS HW is already clear on our mind and we would like to start with the following config;

Edge;
256GB RAM
2x10GbE
16core CPU
24TB spinning

Mid Tear;
512GB RAM
2x10GbE
16 core CPU
250TB spinning

Thanks & kind regards,
Burak Eğerci
TURKCELL│Expert Technical Product Manager
Aydınevler Mahallesi İnönü Caddesi No:20 34854 Maltepe-İstanbul
(+90) 533 210 82 00

Posted by Mark Torluemke <mt...@apache.org>.
Hi Burak,

+------------------------+-----+-----------------+-------------------------+----------------------------------------------+
|       Component        | CPU |     Memory      |         Storage
|                   Network                    |
+------------------------+-----+-----------------+-------------------------+----------------------------------------------+
| Traffic Ops            | ++  | ++              | +
| +                                            |
| Traffic Ops DB         | +   | +               | +
| +                                            |
| Traffic Vault          | ++  | +               | ++ (SSDs)
| ++ (low latency between nodes if clustering) |
| Traffic Stats/InfluxDB | +   | +               | +++ (SSDs)
| Traffic Router         | ++  | ++              | +
| Traffic Monitor        | ++  | ++              | +
| Traffic Portal         | +   | +               | +
| ATS                    | +++ | +++ (ram_cache) | +++ (raw block devices)