Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Wim Vandenhaute <wi...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/16 09:30:01 UTC

FormComponents and feedback messages inside a listview

Hello List,

I have ran a couple of times whilst developing some pages using wicket into
the following issue.
The page will contain a Form, containing a ListView of FormComponents
The FormComponents are created within the ListView with a feedback panel
attached to each of em.
The feedback panels are attached to the FormComponents using a
ComponentFeedbackMessageFilter.

On submit, validation fails for some FormComponents, and the feedback
messages are generated ok, but are nevered rendered due to the original
FormComponent not being found.
This is understandable as they are created inside the ListView so when
wicket tries to find the reporter of the feedback message, it does not find
it anymore, new FormComponents were created.
So the solution to this is to create them outside the listview so they dont
get regenerated on each rendering.

I was wondering if this is the correct way to handle such a situation, or
should I be using a different approach to not fall into this?

Kind regards,
Wim.

Re: FormComponents and feedback messages inside a listview

Posted by Wim Vandenhaute <wi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by svenmeier <sv...@meiers.net>.