Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Denise Mangano <De...@complusdata.com> on 2003/06/02 22:09:26 UTC

Strange mod_jk error

Hi all.

I have not posted in some time as thanks to some great help from this list
my application was running smoothly.  However, I needed to make some
configuration changes, and now my apps stopped working.  Apache (1.3.23)
runs fine, and Tomcat (4.1.17) runs fine but the problem is with mod_jk.

I tried searching the archives for this one but had no luck.  The error I am
getting in my mod_jk.log is:

In jk_endpoint_t::service, Error sd = -1

And of course the error I am getting in my apache error log shows that it is
looking for the file in the apache web directory.  So it appears that mod_jk
is not working and the request is never being interpreted by the JkMount
statements.

Does anyone have any idea what this means?  I even tried restoring the
original server.xml file, but I still received the error.  I can post
server.xml, httpd.conf, etc if you need to see it, but I thought first I
would send out the error message.

Thanks for your help!

Denise Mangano
Help Desk Analyst
Complus Data Innovations, Inc.

Re: Strange mod_jk error

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
As far as I know, that error message is socket related, as in the socket is
closed, or Apache thinks the socket is closed when it isn't.  Its pretty
old, from what I know, and should be fixed in recent incarnations of
mod_jk.  Then again, you are using Apache 1.3.23, so maybe that error still
crops up.

Verify that your workers.properties has the right port number, verify that
it has the right host, and verify that you don't have any workers
configured (like ajp12 or ajp14) that you don't need.

Other than that, you'll have to explain further what you mean by "some
configuration changes".  ;)

John