Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2007/07/09 11:40:45 UTC

Re: svn commit: r554453 - /jakarta/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 11:08 +0200, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi Oleg,

> > Log:
> > Added release notes
> >
> > +Release 4.0 Alpha 1
> > +-------------------
> > +
> > +* [HTTPCLIENT-655]
> > +* [HTTPCLIENT-541]
> [snip]
>
> Does it really make sense to list changes for alpha1?

Probably it does not. I think it will feel less bizarre once a proper
opening release statement is in place, though.

> A lot of work has gone into the codebase without
> JIRA tracking, so it is not really a description of
> the differences to 3.x.
>
> How about "various contributions by", followed
> by a list of the contributors?

I somehow felt we should be specific enough about individual
contributions. Proper attribution of contributions is the only little
thing we can do for project contributors.

Oleg