Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by James Mansion <ja...@mansionfamily.plus.com> on 2009/03/12 21:19:04 UTC

Build error for qpid m4 with Win7 SDK

I'm trying to build M4 of AMQP on XP with the Win7 SDK Beta, and I'm
seeing that

Manageable::STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER

is being expanded to:

Manageable::((DWORD )0xC000000DL);

I think this is because src\qpid/sys/windows/uuid.h has included rpc.h
and included a lot of the SDK as a result.

STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER is defined in ntstatus.h and winnt.h.

The include structure is rather Byzantine - I see there's a JIRA to tidy
things up, though that is focussed on client applications.

I suspect that one way or another this will bite again even if
sufficient 'undefs' are added in the code now.

I know this is Microsoft's bad for namespace pollution, but the
practical answer is to change the name of this constant.

Any plans?

James

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

RE: Build error for qpid m4 with Win7 SDK

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Great - thanks! I'll apply those next week.

-Steve

Posted by James Mansion <ja...@mansionfamily.plus.com>.
Steve Huston wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> Svn diff is perfect - thanks.

QPID-1737.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi James,

Svn diff is perfect - thanks.

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Check out my networked programming blog at

Posted by James Mansion <ja...@mansionfamily.plus.com>.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi James,