Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Yaakov Chaikin <ya...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/22 21:07:39 UTC

Aspectj jars refuse to get imported

Hi,

Perhaps, someone can point out to me what I am doing wrong...

I have the following simple pom.xml file:
**************
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
	<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

	<groupId>pull</groupId>
	<artifactId>spring-aop-example</artifactId>
	<packaging>jar</packaging>
	<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
	<name>Maven pull of dependencies project</name>

	<dependencies>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.aspectj</groupId>
			<artifactId>aspectjrt</artifactId>
			<version>1.6.0</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.aspectj</groupId>
			<artifactId>aspectjweaver</artifactId>
			<version>1.6.0</version>
		</dependency>
	</dependencies>
</project>
**************

When I run 'mvn clean install', the proper JARs get pulled into my
local repository. However, when I need these on my classpath, they are
not there!

On top of that, running regular 'mvn eclipse:eclipse' DOES NOT import
them into eclipse like any other regular dependency! It's as if they
are not mentioned in the pom at all!

What am I doing wrong here? I've been using maven for years now and
have never seen this before.

Thanks,
Yaakov.

Re: Aspectj jars refuse to get imported

Posted by Yaakov Chaikin <ya...@gmail.com>.
Right... Forgot about that one. Thanks.

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.

Posted by Yaakov Chaikin <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.

Multi-module project dependencies not resolving

Posted by Michael Remijan <mj...@yahoo.com>.
I have a multi-module project, only two modules, where Module-A creates a jar during phase=package goal=jar using classifier=stubs.  Module-B has it's only dependency set to this stubs jar which Module-A creates.  When I run the top-level pom as 'maven package', all of Module-A gets created fine but then fails at Module-B because the dependency on the stubs jar from Module-A cannot be found.  Is this the way it's suppose to work?  I don't think a multi-module project build should fail because of dependencies between the modules.  What can I be doing wrong?  Is this a quark of the Eclipse m2 plugin?

Re: Aspectj jars refuse to get imported

Posted by Yaakov Chaikin <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yaakov Chaikin <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Yaakov,

This won't happen anymore in (unreleased) 2.8. I agree with Barrie
that this should be documented for users of 2.6 and 2.7. Anyone want
to submit a patch for one of the help pages?

Paul

Posted by Yaakov Chaikin <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.