Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Dan Kirkwood <da...@apache.org> on 2016/12/20 18:01:28 UTC

[VOTE] Traffic Control RELEASE-1.8.0-RC5

Hello All,

I've prepared another release for v1.8.0 (RC5)

Changes since 1.7.0:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafficcontrol/compare/RELEASE-1.7.0...RELEASE-1.8.0-RC5

This corresponds to git:
  Tag: RELEASE-1.8.0-RC5

Which can be verified with the following:    git tag -v RELEASE-1.8.0-RC5

My code signing key is available here:
http://keys.gnupg.net/pks/lookup?search=0x4587A8F0&op=vindex

Make sure you refresh from a key server to get all relevant signatures.

Note that we are not providing the RPM files this time.   The only
artifact provided is a source tar file which can be downloaded from
here:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafficcontrol/1.8.0/RC4/

Let me know if you need the rpm files and I can make arrangements to
get them to you.

Per Apache guidelines, the .tar.gz file is signed with my pgp key (see
above) and md5 and sha1 checksums are also provided there.

This release candidate encompasses only license header changes,  so we
are keeping the vote open until end of day Thursday, December 22,
2016.

Thanks!

Re: [VOTE] Traffic Control RELEASE-1.8.0-RC5

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@apache.org>.
No worries,  Eric..   we're going with submitting RC5 and noting this
issue and workaround in the release notes..

-dan

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Eric Friedrich (efriedri)" <ef...@cisco.com>.

Posted by "Eric Friedrich (efriedri)" <ef...@cisco.com>.

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@apache.org>.
Also getting in my +1.  -dan

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@apache.org>.
Also getting in my +1.  -dan

Posted by "Eric Friedrich (efriedri)" <ef...@cisco.com>.
+1 on RC5 too

Posted by "Eric Friedrich (efriedri)" <ef...@cisco.com>.
+1 on RC5 too

Posted by Jan van Doorn <jv...@knutsel.com>.
I'm sticking with my +1 as well.

Posted by Jan van Doorn <jv...@knutsel.com>.
I'm sticking with my +1 as well.

Posted by David Neuman <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Neuman <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@apache.org>.
The VOTE to release RC5 of Traffic Control-incubating is now closed
(apologies for the late notice -- did not finish before Christmas
holiday..)

With a total of +4 and NO -1 votes, the VOTE passes. Overall vote
breakdown is as follows:

+1 Dave Neuman
+1 Jan van Doorn
+1 Eric Friedrich
+1 Dan Kirkwood

Thanks to everyone who voted. I'll open the second VOTE thread on
theIncubator general list shortly.

- Dan

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@apache.org>.