Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <br...@users.sf.net> on 2013/10/28 20:08:52 UTC

[allura:tickets] #6713 Slow /auth/bare_openid?url=/user/registration

- **private**: Yes --> No

---

** [tickets:#6713] Slow /auth/bare_openid?url=/user/registration**

**Status:** closed
**Labels:** performance
**Created:** Thu Sep 26, 2013 06:57 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Wed Oct 23, 2013 06:21 PM UTC
**Owner:** Cory Johns

/auth/bare_openid?url=/user/registration can be extremely slow in production sometimes.  To get to this page naturally, log in as an openid-only user and then visit an Allura page like /p/add_project which will send you to that page.  Of course you can access it directly too if you want.

On sandboxes, jinja_master/master.html you need to change `{% if g.production_mode %}{{g.analytics.display()}}{% endif %}` so that it runs on a sandbox.  After doing that, I still haven't been able to replicate the issue on a sandbox.  I can replicate it on production only the first time using a new openid-only account.  Refreshing the page comes back fast the second time.

New Relic trace shows a lot of slow mongo calls, see http://screencast.com/t/SBAapm50R  It would make sense that this is database query related, since it's all fast on sandboxes.  I haven't been able to find relevant slow queries in prod logs.

This may be specific to the SF theme, since custom_tracking_js is set in the theme.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/