Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Aditya Sakhuja <ad...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/11 23:49:47 UTC

ReplicationFactor for solrcloud

Hi -

I am trying to set the 3 shards and 3 replicas for my solrcloud deployment
with 3 servers, specifying the replicationFactor=3 and numShards=3 when
starting the first node. I see each of the servers allocated to 1 shard
each.however, do not see 3 replicas allocated on each node.

I specifically need to have 3 replicas across 3 servers with 3 shards. Do
we think of any reason to not have this configuration ?

-Aditya Sakhuja

Re: ReplicationFactor for solrcloud

Posted by Aditya Sakhuja <ad...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Shalin. We used the maxShardsPerNode=3 as you suggest here.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.

<ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I am trying to set the 3 shards and 3 replicas for my solrcloud deployment
> with 3 servers, specifying the replicationFactor=3 and numShards=3 when
> starting the first node. I see each of the servers allocated to 1 shard
> each.however, do not see 3 replicas allocated on each node.
>
> I specifically need to have 3 replicas across 3 servers with 3 shards. Do
> we think of any reason to not have this configuration ?
>
> --
> Regards,
> -Aditya Sakhuja

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: ReplicationFactor for solrcloud

Posted by Aloke Ghoshal <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Aditya,

You need to start another 6 instances (9 instances in total) to
achieve this. The first 3 instances, as you mention, are already
assigned to the 3 shards. The next 3 will be become their replicas,
followed by the next 3 as the next replicas.

You could create two copies each of the example folder and start each
one on a different jetty port. See:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud#Example_A:_Simple_two_shard_cluster

Regards,
Aloke